So...I know from Gerrie, that Rodney is having a birthday, but I kinda forget when. It's in March, that I know for sure, but can't remember when precisely.
Before I went back to Jakarta from Bali, oh Rodney is Gerrie's friend from Bali, Rodney is the manager of "d'Omah Hotel" at Bali, I said to Gerrie that I would like to make him a cross-stitch. At that time, I was thinking to give him one of my work in progress, the red elephant that I was working on.
After I get home, I began to re-think my decision. Not about give Rodney a cross-stitch, but more about the design. And, like always my feeling was right. I realized that I made a terrible mistake about the red elephant. While I was still thinking about what to give Rodney, I began to stitch the red elephant again, thinking that if I still can't find a design that I like, at least I'll have the red elephant. But then, I noticed a note that I wrote on the patten page "3 threads!!!". I started to think, to remember, and then I looked at my stitch and then I knew. I forgot to use 3 threads, and use 2 threads instead. You can guess the rest. It's not ruined completely, but I don't think I'll continue it. If I ever going to do it, I'll do it from scratch.
Since my red elephant is useless, I was beginning to look for another thing to make. I found what I'm going to give to Rodney, and now it's still in progress. But then, last Thursday or Wednesday, Gerrie gave me an sms and told me about Rodney's party this Saturday. And, I decided to give him a little birthday give. I know it won't make the time if I send it to Bali, so I decided to send it by email.
I found the pattern while reading the new Cross Stitcher magazine on my mom's iPad. Now I'm buying my magazine online :D It's cheaper. So, after some deep thinking (not too deep I think), I chose that pattern. I changed the color of the bird, the orange one. And also the font. The original font is like a children hand writing, and unfortunately it take too long to stitch and by the time I stitched the letter, it was already 3 am!! So I decided to choose the simple one.
I took the photo of it and send it to Gerrie by email. I really hope Rodney like it :D
What I like about the stitch was the clouds hahaha....they were half stitches and after the back stitch been stitched, the clouds really pop out :) And like every stitches I have made, I did it on 14ct white aida, since the only available in Jakarta is Aida, and its easy to use :)
No comments:
Post a Comment