From my father's side of family, among the cousins, I'm the oldest. Well both my sister and I are the oldest. And yet not one of us are showing signs of getting married soon. So when our younger cousins are getting married, the whole family felt the hype.
After the first of my generation get married last year, this year another cousin was getting married too.
And as usual, I offered them another couple cross stitch. I tried to make it as a custom.
This time, instead of a regular reception, which means a standing party with food buffet, my cousins choose to have a seating reception. With that in mind, I know that they have to numbs the table, and I knew that I want to make something for them. And I want to show everyone what I did hahaha.
Not long after that, my cousin showed me her design for the invitations. Caricature of her and her future husband, made by one of her friend. I know that I want to make those. But since I still don't have a clue how to do it, I just keep it at the back of my mind.
Next, I found a pattern of italic letters, that I knew that it will be good. So I made the initial of their names, an A and H.
My mind keep coming back to the caricatures. After doing some modifications, I finally able to change the caricatures to a pixelated caricatures. I ask for my friend help, and he gave the the easiest idea that me ashamed that I haven't think of it earlier hahaha. I guess it really showed you, that brainstorming is always a good idea and it never hurt to ask for help.
With those two design stitched, I showed my cousin, asked her opinion and asked if they want to use what I've stitched. After I offer to make it for them, I asked how many tables were they will use. She said 40 tables. And my first thought was "I'm dead!" Hahahaha. 40 tables!! 40!!
I thought they're going to use maybe 20 tables. Not 40. And it was 2 months before the wedding. It was too close for me to make only 1 design. I was planning on just using the caricatures, but since it took almost 1,5 days to just made 1 piece, we decided to use 20 pieces of initials and 20 pieces of caricatures.
In the end, because of some mishaps, that luckily not from my end, although maybe I played a part on it, I made 15 caricatures and the rest were the initials.
And of course my sister and I are both in as the welcoming committee, so while the others seated and enjoying the food, we have to stay and welcoming guests. So I haven't been able to see my own creations, the "final product" until I finally able to find a table and sit.
And my dad said that not many will know
Or realize that it was hand made, or it was a cross stitch, because it looked like a machine made. And I don't know how to respond that hahaha. Take it as a compliment or read it as a sign that way I did was waste of time hahahaha. I think what he meant was I need to do something more to make it look like it was hand made hahaha.
Anyway, I'm so proud of what I did, of what I've made. Because of this "job", I spent most of my days and nights stitched. In the end, it was so worth it and I felt satisfied with the outcome.

No comments:
Post a Comment