Monday, September 30, 2013

Progress Report on PM "We Only Just Begun"


Dito, one of my best friend ordered this cross stitch to be made for a wedding present a week ago.  His brother is going to be married on November.  And although it is still October (or September when he told me), I don't think it will be arrive on time on Surabaya.  Not because the cross stitch work, but because the frame work will take some time.

He called me on 24th September and I did it right away.  Had some miscalculation at the beginning, because I forgot to count the letters that I'm going to put in there, but other than that, everything went well.

The pattern itself is from Precious Moments, with the title "We Only Have Just Begun".  Dito chose this because it  has the wedding cake.  According to Dito, his brother and his wife really loves food, so the wedding cake is truly symbolize them both.  For me, I'm quite happy with the choice, because it means that I can stitch a different pattern instead of what I was usually stitched.

Like many Precious Moments pattern, the pattern itself is quite easy for me.  Yes, they have some half-stitch or quarter-stitch, but not much.  Lots of white, which is why I'm quite glad that my color choice of cloth is cream instead of white.  I don't think I have white aida anymore.  Well, I do have it, I just bought it, white with some glitter on it.  I was going to choose blue aida with glitter on it, but I chose not to, I didn't think it will work.

I promised Dito that I will finish it in 3 weeks.  1 week down, 2 weeks more to go :).

In the middle of doing it, guess what, I ran out of the thread! DMC 819! Can't find it in the store in the mall, so I had to buy it online.  And it's from Yogyakarta! Man! I know I can buy it or made it delivered from a store in Jakarta, but since I was also looking for some perforated plastic, so I bought those two items (actually its three because I bought the threads 2 skein) online and the person who sold it is in Yogyakarta. Just hope those items will arrive today or tomorrow the latest. My work kinda depended on those threads.

So...I guess for a week work, its not bad.  I'm quite happy with the work I've done.

Let see next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment